Varicose Vein Treatment Side Effects – What You Should Know
Varicose veins are something that you probably see every day, with more than 40 million Americans being affected by vein problems at some time. It’s so common that it’s likely that you are here at our site with questions about how varicose veins is affecting you or someone you love. Whether you’re just starting to experience the symptoms, or your legs have been uncomfortable or painful for years, we’re here to help.
We, at Vanishing Veins Northwest, offer comprehensive vein services and support. We assess your current situation and offer our recommendations for the vein treatment that will best meet your needs. First, you might wonder why vein treatment is so important to your health and wellbeing.
Why is Vein Treatment so Important?
We offer several treatment options that are relatively simple and effective. The goal of our treatments is to make it easier for you to get back to your regular daily activities, without discomfort. We want to improve your quality of life.
That’s why our board-certified interventional radiologists are dedicated to performing these minimally invasive procedures, proven to eliminate and reduce the signs of varicose veins. If you’ve already been experiencing pain and uncomfortable symptoms for years, our treatments also help to ensure that your symptoms don’t continue to worsen.
What Treatments Does Vanishing Veins Northwest Offer?
Here’s a quick overview of the options we offer for vein treatment:
- Foam Sclerotherapy: With this treatment, we inject foam into your leg vein, which effectively causes your vein to form a scar on the vessel walls. It’s a safe procedure, with immediate relief.
- Endovenous Thermal Ablation: With this treatment, we close down the abnormal vein, which redirects your blood flow to normal, healthy veins. The recovery is quick, with no visible scarring and immediate relief.
- Micro Ambulatory Phlebectomy: With this treatment, we safely remove parts of the vein. Then, we apply a compression wrap. You should experience a quick recovery.
Our goal is to deliver the vein treatment that will provide the best, most immediate relief. But we also deliver effective, proven results. We’re committed to your comfort as well as your optimal wellness and health.
What are the Side Effects of Varicose Vein Treatment?
Vein treatments are typically performed with you as an outpatient at Vanishing Veins Northwest. As with any medical treatment, you may experience minor side effects. Here are a few of the symptoms or impressions you feel as side effects after your vein treatment.
- You might experience a minor soreness.
- Some patients experience a change in pigmentation in the area where we performed the vein treatment. This side discoloration is easily taken care of with skin cream.
- You might experience some numbness in your calf or thigh. This tingling sensation is a temporary side effect, which is easily remedied by appropriate post-treatment medication.
- Rarely, you may experience a blood clot in your leg, or deep vein thrombosis (DfVT). While usually this self resolves with time or a blood thinner, persistent or worsening clot should be evaluated by a physician to determine if additional treatment is necessary.
At Vanishing Veins Northwest, we take a personalized approach whenever we’re overseeing your care and treatment. We will discuss any additional post-treatment recommendations as needed to address your health and wellness needs.
Next Step: Consult with Vanishing Vein Northwest
At Vanishing Vein Northwest, our goal is to help you to achieve those summer-ready legs you want and need. Our providers will collaborate with you to help you understand how your lifestyle choices can help you prevent spider veins and varicose veins. When you come in for your appointment, your medical history will be discussed, along with your family’s history, so together, our care team can help you explore the most appropriate and affordable treatment options that will give you the summer-ready legs you’ll love. Vanishing Veins accepts most major insurance plans and will bill for services through your insurance company. Our team will also work with your insurance company to get all necessary authorization for recommended procedures to ensure you get the professional, compassionate care you deserve.
Call us at 425-277-8346 (VEIN) to Schedule Your Appointment Today!