Vitamins and Nutrients That Can Help You Manage Your Vein Health
If you’ve noticed heaviness and discomfort in your legs, or even pain, itchiness, or tingling sensations, you may be experiencing varicose veins. 22 million women and 11 million men experience the signs of varicose veins between the ages of 40-80.
While varicose veins can be uncomfortable, you can act now to better support your vein health with vitamins and nutrients as part of a healthy lifestyle. First, what is vein health and why is it important to manage your vein health with vitamins and nutrients?
What Is Vein Health?
Your veins carry your blood through your body. If you’re experiencing issues with your vein health, you could experience a range of circulation concerns. When your veins become weak and unhealthy, your blood may flow in the wrong direction, which can lead to bulging varicose veins.
You may experience worsening issues as you get older, particularly if others in your family have experienced vein concerns. Even if you’ve already started to experience worsening vein health or even varicose veins, you can take vitamins and nutrients that will support your health and circulation.
Which Vitamins and Nutrients Support Improved Circulation?
Vitamins and nutrients have amazing benefits for your health and wellness, which is part of why the wellness industry is a billion-dollar industry. Here are just a few of the vitamins and nutrients you should consider for your improved circulation.
- Vitamin C: This vitamin not only strengthens your vein walls, but can reduce inflammation, support healing, and produce collagen. You can find Vitamin C in broccoli, tomatoes, berries, and potatoes.
- Vitamin E: This vitamin prevents cell damage, and it can also improve your overall vein health and support repair. You can find Vitamin E in almonds, peanuts, and spinach.
- Vitamin B Group: These eight essential vitamins help to strengthen your blood vessels, which may also mitigate the effects of standing and other strain on your legs. You can find Vitamin B in bananas, potatoes, lentils, beans, and chili peppers.
- Vitamin K: This vitamin can help to build and support capillary health. You can find it in Swiss chard, broccoli, and brussels sprouts.
- Vitamin D: This vitamin is important for the improvement of elasticity in your veins, which can better support proper circulation. You can find Vitamin D in salmon and dairy products.
Besides these vitamins, you can use common herbs like cayenne, grape seed extract, ginkgo biloba, and chromium to support your circulation as part of a healthy lifestyle. You should always check with your doctor and pharmacist to make sure that none of these vitamins and nutrients are counter-indicative with your prescribed medications. As you stay hydrated, keep moving, and maintain a healthy diet, you’ll be keeping your veins healthy.
Next Step: Find Out How Vanishing Veins Northwest Can Help
At Vanishing Veins Northwest, we support your vein health, while offering recommendations for the lifestyle and wellness recommendations that will best address your symptoms and concerns. We gather all the details about your family history and medical background as we explore the best and most affordable treatment options for you.
Call us at 425-277-8346 (VEIN) to Schedule Your Appointment Today!